[Noisebridge-discuss] lockers for noisebridge - big enough? funding?

meredith scheff satiredun at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 01:27:47 UTC 2011

Ya, i thought the idea of lockers was pretty much vetoed.

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 5:07 PM, girlgeek <girlgeek at wt.net> wrote:

> Has there been a consensus at any of the meetings that we wish to expend
> space and money on this?
> I wasn't aware of it.
> -Claudia
> On 2/16/2011 3:59 PM, Patrick Keys wrote:
> > I've spoken to this guy a few times on the phone over the last couple of
> > weeks.  He runs a legitimate liquidation business.  I might be able to
> > get free delivery.  I can also probably get 3 sets of these for $500.
> > So that's a total of 54 lockers (18 lockers per sets * 3 sets = 54
> > lockers).  A benefit of these is that the guy routinely gets more of
> > these lockers so we can have a consistent set of lockers if we want more
> > later.  The top on these is flat, so we can put stuff on top of them.
> >
> > Here's what they look like:
> > http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/bfs/2215245807.html
> >
> > These are my questions:
> > * If somebody needs more space, then I don't see why a person couldn't
> > use more than one locker.  However, are the individual lockers big
> > enough for most people?
> >
> > * I might be able to get 3 sets of these for $500, which I will pay
> > myself upfront.  If I do that, would anybody be willing to contribute
> > anything after-the-fact so I can recoup most of the $500?  Maybe the
> > plan can be that if you use the lockers, then you contribute a one-time
> > donation to a "locker fund"?
> >

> > Patrick

Ladycartoonist.com

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a
hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build
a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate,
act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein