[Noisebridge-discuss] What is fbviews.org? Is it for real, and is it safe?

Brian Ferrell endenizen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 18:14:08 UTC 2011

Your take is correct. It is not real and it is not safe. There is no
Javascript that can "analyze your Facebook profile to see who's been
looking at it."

As to what it really does. It looks ugly from all the XmlHttpRequests
(definitely sending your info somewhere shady).

Never ever paste javascript in your address bar. It has the potential
to do anything that *you* can do (except change your password/email -
things that require you to type in your password).

I dissected another Facebook malware-type thing a while back and
posted the unobfuscated code here if you're curious:

https://www.noisebridge.net/pipermail/noisebridge-discuss/2010-May/013974.html

This one looks much more malicious though.

-Brian