[Noisebridge-discuss] Low cost, low resolution, large LCD displays?

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Fri Feb 18 20:10:58 UTC 2011

Taylor Alexander wrote, On 20110218 120058:
> Would a projector work? One projector far away with the data put into small
> rectangles so they appear to be small screens? It would certainly reduce the
> complexity of the system if that were an option.

Projectors require the space between it and the display surface to be
unobstructed, thusly creating an 3d area for it to exist, which I don't
want. I'd like to put this sort of setup in smaller spaces where you
might pass by it, like a hallway or stairwell, or some such.

Additionally projectors have more upkeep then a crap LCD, cannot stay on
for long periods of time, for the most part require a fan to operate,
and cannot instantaneously turn on/off.

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net