[Noisebridge-discuss] noisebridge vs. techshop

Patrick Keys citizenkeys at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 03:21:41 UTC 2011

My final comment on this for awhile:
I agree with you.  But what makes Noisebridge really great for me
personally is that we empower people to do things they wouldn't
otherwise be able to do.  The extent of our ability to empower people
that can't afford to go to TechShop or don't know any TechShop members
is the amount of resources we have available to use, which includes our
community at Noisebridge and not just our physical tools.

Even Sean's comment of "Any Noisebridger is welcome to tag long with me
(and I'll help you use any of the equipment you may need) for a few days
to do some projects." speaks to the great-ness of what we have to offer
just by going through Noisebridge.

Whenever somebody is empowered to do something at Noisebridge that they
wouldn't otherwise be able to do because of a lack of money or lack of
knowing somebody with a TechShop membership, that's when I personally
feel most proud of my involvement with Noisebridge.

Patrick