[Noisebridge-discuss] New donations

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Mon Feb 21 00:04:10 UTC 2011

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 02:28:37PM -0800, Simon C. Ion wrote:
> Two kind folks (whose names I have forgotten, alas) stopped by today
> with some donations for Noisebridge. They seemed pretty impressed with

Awesome, thanks for documenting this, you did it exactly right. :)  If
they want a receipt, the following process works:
 - they bring in the stuff
 - a NB volunteer writes down what they donated, and the name+address of
   the donor, and emails it to treasurer@
 - our awesome treasurer emails them a PDF receipt

> the MakerBot, the electron microscope and the robotic wheelchair.
> (Does the SEM work? If not, these kind folks know someone who might be
> able to help us fix it.)

The SEM is a fair bit of work to use, but it has been working recently,
there are some pictures on the wiki:
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/SEM

> Various battery holders
> Two Powershot (S400 and S410) Canon cameras. (The cameras seem to
> work, but the LCD screen on the S400 is broken.) Also, there is only
> one battery pack between the two of them.

The cameras and battery holders would be useful for Project Bacchus (our
second high-altitude-balloon project).  I'll take a look when I'm there
on Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks!
-andy