[Noisebridge-discuss] door button failing

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 21:50:52 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 11:12 AM, Rubin Abdi <rubin at starset.net> wrote:
> Jonathan Lassoff wrote, On 20110221 105821:
>> It's also possible that this has since changed when Dr.  J replaced the
>> watt-sucking laptop with an old Wyse thin-client.
>> The old laptop had a static DHCP lease, and I suspect that the thin client
>> is getting a new dynamic Up every once in a while.
>
> Well, since I've been in the space over the past week, the opengate
> command on pony still seems to work. Looking over the script it still
> seems to point to 172.30.0.31.

yah that ip can't be changed without breaking the scripts and access
(as they are currently written)...

so the problem was probably that that was a local address...  jake,
were you using the noisebridge wireless ap when you were trying to get
in or using your cellular network's internet access?

-rma