[Noisebridge-discuss] There are Two Common Bikes. Also, they're being threatened. Who is threatening them? Why??? (and other ramblings)

meredith scheff satiredun at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 06:04:01 UTC 2011

I'd be down for communal bikes if they're clearly labeled and promoted as
such. Earlier when I was there you were saying they're only available 'for,
like, 6 people' that were deemed, i dunno, worthy?

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 9:33 PM, Patrick Keys <citizenkeys at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm taking Isky's side on this.  And not just because he's the only
> person at Noisebridge to ever give me a hug.
>
> I'm taking Isky's side because I vaguely remember Frantisek's "fairwell
> speech" before he left recently.  He basically told us that Noisebridge
> could use a couple extra communcal bikes and it would be unfortunate to
> see them go.  I remember thinking even then that was a cool idea.  I
> agree with Frantisek.
>
> This is San Francisco, lots of people ride bikes, I've seen several
> visitors at Noisebridge use those bikes, and that wall is almost totally
> empty 99% of the time.  I say just leave the bikes.
>
> People... all this silly drama.  Now drama over riding bikes.  Where is
> the love?
>
> Enjoy this awesome picture of Miloh bike-riding all over the inside of
> Noisebridge:
>
> http://gallery.noisebridge.net/2169MissionBuildout/MilohBikesAroundClearFloor.JPG
>

> Patrick
>

> On 2/22/2011 6:26 PM, lilia wrote:
> > I had heard mentions of communal bikes at the space but had no idea
> > which ones they were or who maintained them or what if any
> > rules/policies governed their use. I am thrilled to finally hear the
> > whole story.
> >
> > Perhaps this should all be documented on the wiki and the bikes
> > labeled with a link to that page to avoid future confusion of this
> > nature! That would be most excellent IMHO.
> >
> > Always nice to hear your voice on this list, Isky. Your positivity is
> > a boon to Noisebridge.
> >
> > --lilia
> >

> > On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 6:16 PM, Jason Dusek<jason.dusek at gmail.com>
>  wrote:
> >>   I am actually totally fine with people using my bike as a common
> >>   bicycle. (It's bike #2, the red Bianchi.)
> >>
> >>   If you need to repair it in ways that involve the special hex keys,
> >>   let me know; I have the wrench on me most of the time.
> >>
> >>   I remember a while back, David Stainton used that bike for parts for
> >>   his bike; guess the parts are back.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Jason Dusek
> >> Linux User #510144 | http://counter.li.org/

Ladycartoonist.com

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a
hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build
a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate,
act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein