[Noisebridge-discuss] Banning Patrick from Noisebridge

Edward 'Azi' Cragg azimandias at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 05:33:59 UTC 2011

> "Right" and "wrong" are morally subjective. A nobody-is-in-charge anarchist
> hackerspace is absolutely NOT the appropriate venue to indulge such
> discussions. An anarchist hackerspace is also NOT the appropriate venue for
> resolving legal matters, suchas this bizarre and perverted collecting and
> passing around of the alleged "evidence".

Dude, I don't know you.  What I do know is that the only recipient of a
Anarcho Social(media?)-Space Banifesto in history, you are _Remarkably_
unqualified to dictate to anybody in this realm of the universe how sed
 Anarcho Social Space should function.

Those few of us stupidly ideologically foolhardy enough to dare support you
at this point do so on bare, minimum paperwork point that ANY consensus item
at Noisebridge requires a week of lead time, and by sending the Banifesto
yesterday, the unprecedented body of Noisebridge that unanimously declared
your ban had essentially assured that a proper community judgement would be
clouded as ex-post-facto.

Aside from that bare thread of ideological and technical discussion, your
decision to respond to the events of the past 24 hours by lecturing
Noisebridge about how we should feel in this manner is quite literally _THE_
most jaw-droopingly and mind-bogglingly fail social political move I have
ever personally witnessed in my life.  To a huge group of people who did not
otherwise know you, and who were even opposed to the haste with which the
rest had responded, you fomented the 'Patrick the Lecturing Creep' meme with
bona-fide gusto.

Check it, dude, seriously.  Go find a friend and a have a talk with someone,
and reconsider what you want to say to this body.  This tack is
a guaranteed blowout.