[Noisebridge-discuss] Laser cutter.

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Fri Feb 25 21:43:12 UTC 2011

rachel lyra hospodar wrote, On 20110225 125450:
> i am super excited to learn the free & open source lazor options... but
> both other laser places i use (techshop & instructables) use corel and
> so for me *personally* it would be extremely useful to have corel
> kicking around too, since i have 4 years of corel files that i use all
> the time, and i will continue to use corel for the mast majority of my
> lazoring.

I'm hoping some folks jump on this wagon, now that we have achieved lazor...

https://github.com/Metalab/ctrl-cut

Also to those who are gripping their tablet and copy of CS5 like it's
Jesus' left tit, it's really trivial to have CorelDRAW import a copy of
your work in Illustrator 8 format and prep it for lazoring when it comes
time to do that.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rubin110/tags/lasercutter/

All of these were for the most part done in IL, saved as an Illustrator
8 file, imported into CorelDRAW, positioned correctly on the document
page, line width set to hairline, then sent to the laser cutter.

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net