[Noisebridge-discuss] Maker Faire

Rameen emprameen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 19:51:12 UTC 2011

It would be nice to have a solid list of what we expect to have going on so
we can reserve proper space and accommodations. Tell your friends, tell your
twitter, and tell your robots.

*People who just want to volunteer/staff the booth for at least 4 hours at
the Faire*
Soon enough there will be a spreadsheet schedule compiled so you don't have
to bother with logistics.

It seems like a good idea to get as many people at the booth as possible.
Partly because we can group up into shifts, so no one has to feel alone, or
stuck or overwhelmed, and also so we can show more accurately the diversity
and dynamics Noisebridge. 4 hours of volunteering allows free entry for the
day to help, but it's necessary to reserve the admissions before-hand.

*People who want to help with pre-setup and logistics.*

I need some advice on how stuff is actually going to happen and what we need
to prepare.

So far we it seems like we need to gather information about these things:

   - Things being demonstrated and the people involved (explanations,
   demonstrations, hands-on, lecture, class)
   - Size of booth based on what we expect to have
   - Things being donated (literature, shwag, beverages/food)
   - Transportation (there and back again..)
   - set-up and take-down crews
   - Booth staffing
   - projects/Displays, aesthetics, decoration (what will our booth say to
   people as they walk by? what will they see what they look over from afar?
   What's it like when they lean over to talk to us?)
   - Coordinators (people who will help with everything else)

We can compile the data available from the e-mail lists into a main
spreadsheet for now. (will a google spreadsheet work? I can work on this in
the next few days)
It seems like this way everyone will know what they've signed up for and are
expected to do.

I'll go over the submission form and we can work on finalizing it tonight if
I have any more questions. I'll submit with changes tomorrow if possible.