[Noisebridge-discuss] Is ??????? stealing from the donation jug?

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 4 08:30:35 UTC 2011

Hi Alex,
Are you 100% sure that it was not for some Noisebridge purposes? I know  that
it's done now and in this case it can not be taken really back  because many
people who read your post will not read even negative  response (travelling,
busy with other things etc.) so for them the name  and act will become a fact.
It was recommended to me in the past to  treat things like this if it is not an
emergency:

1. talk politely to the person asking to stop or explain their behaviour
2. talk to the person again, insisting
3. get more members to talk to the person, one by one or in group
4. bring the matter to the meeting and discuss it there with person in question
present if possible
5. bring it up on the mailing list (without name of the person)
6. bring it up on the mailing list with details of the person so whole community
can react specifically

I know that it takes time, but I was personally mentioned on the mailing  list
jumping from the step 1 to 6 within several hours having no chance to react and
sort out the matter. I've found it harmful  for everyone, to Noisebridge
community mostly.

Anyway I hope that it will be explained, please post what is going to be found
out.

Sincerely,

Frantisek

Message: 27