[Noisebridge-discuss] $500 donation - what would noisebridge do with it?

jim jim at systemateka.com
Tue Jan 4 18:18:26 UTC 2011

   good point. however, my guess is that we can save
more money on electricity by improving lights than
by improving computers. doing both seems a good
thing.
   as to lights, LEDs are relatively expensive and
their reliability is as yet unproven (i think a
matter of assembly in the manufacturing process
rather than intrinsic failure of LEDs themselves).
Seems to me best that we figure out places where
LED lamps can be well-used and then beg for
donations rather than spend money from noisebridge
coffers.