[Noisebridge-discuss] Vending Machine

Nicholas Iannone nickthedude at me.com
Wed Jan 5 00:06:01 UTC 2011

All Our Vending Machine Are Belong To Us!

We received delivery this afternoon and so far so good, a few notes:

there are two keys, I'm keeping one on me until I know what to do with it, the other one I'm keeping on top of the machine, but probably should be put somewhere else.

I have to say Patrick was right about the noise, the thing is noisy when its running which isn't all that often right now because its cold but it would be nice if someone could figure out how to make it quieter ;). I've noticed the noise is coming from the black squarish coil inside the machine not sure if this is the evaporator, condenser, compressor or what the hell. Also the guy who sold it said he might come by tomorrow to take a look but mostly to see about the lights that don't appear to be working.

the other thing he was going to check out when he comes by is the ability to take 2 or more bills, I had originally planned to set it up for $2(as was the standard donation per the fridge) but the machine only accepts one bill and then you must put in change for the rest, obviously it would be ideal to just insert 2 x $1 dollar bills but he's not sure it's possible. I have the amount set to $1 but it's fairly easy to adjust it.

Patrick uploaded the manual to the wiki page and I also uploaded a new picture of the unit as well if you want to take a peek.

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Vending_machine

We have a 90 day warranty. I added that and the sellers name and number to the wiki as well.

Let me know if you have any questions suggestions etc.

Also looking for a few people who pledged money to come through, see the wiki if you're not sure whether or not you've paid.

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Vending_machine

Also we need to stock it, right now we have ~20 cans each of Coke, diet coke, and sprite.

Thanks,

Nick

PS I won't be at the biz meeting tonight but you can email me any questions and I'll try and respond ASAP and in time for the meeting.  ( nick the dude -a-t- me dot com )