[Noisebridge-discuss] The vending machine is unbearably loud.

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 10:55:18 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 2:06 AM, Erik Nelson <erik.nels0n99 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Or could you repair/replace/clean the fan, or compressor, or whatever the
> source of noise is. At worst you can "hack" away the wiring to the problem
> section, right? Or put it outside.
>
> On Jan 4, 2011 9:57 PM, "Albert Sweigart" <asweigart at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The vending machine is loud. Really loud.
>>
>> Question 1: Can we set it up so that it only dispenses drinks, but
>> doesn't refrigerate?
>>
>> Question 2: If not, when is the soonest we can get rid of it?
>>
>> -Al

Its acclimated and not as load as when it first came in.  It has the
potential to be really efficient since no one can easily open it up to
stare at the drinks in it.
Does anyone have a zigbee thermometer and another receiver to put
inside it and hook up to a system for tracking?
keep giving it a listen and report back.

Plus, we can fill a can blank with some LEDS, resisters, and a bit of
perf board and have $1.00 'CHM soda' available.

-rma