[Noisebridge-discuss] global hackerspace cupcake competition

Lilia Markham liliakai at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 01:42:07 UTC 2011

Freezing rock solid seems like the easy way out. Be bold, people! May also
affect taste and appearance upon defrosting?

I am envisioning gyroscopic- or magnetic-stabilized cupcake-holding
apparati. or an active robotic system that senses perturbations in
orientation and counterbalances them. Or maybe just structurally reinforcing
the cupcakes themselves...like by enclosing them in m&m-like candy shells or
perhaps increasing cake density by mixing in some gelatin or mochi flour or
cookie dough. Some sort of durable/stiffening "icing", like a merengue-based
topping might be worthwhile too.

I liked the idea of a self-baking cupcake. In fact I have had multiple
conversations theorizing portable, self-baking cakes and cookies in the
past. They would be great for camping, picnics...car eaters? (We're gonna be
so rich!) Sadly, I fear that the only way to generate the necessary heat  is
to include some form of auto-igniting flammable materials or questionable
chemicals. The post office just loves when you send that kind of stuff
through the mail. :-\

Also I don't see any rule against using the Monte Carlo approach: send lots
and lots of cupcakes and you increase your odds of getting one there safely.
(or something. right? maybe? f u prob/stats class.)

cc'ing tastebridge

-lilia