[Noisebridge-discuss] Miramonte WISE

Robby robwasab at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 05:42:19 UTC 2011

Dear Noise Bridge,

My name is Robby Tong and I am senior participating in the WISE program at
Miramonte High School. I'm very interested in working with electronics and
the hacker world.

WISE stands for Wise Individualized Senior Experience. Basically, students
participating in the program take a semester of accelerated English.
However, during the second semester, students leave campus to pursue an
internship or an experience at a "third space" or anywhere but our high
school.

I was wondering if I could participate in some sort of internship. From what
I could put together from the Noise Bridge Wiki, the space is used for a
variety of classes. So it seems that an internship to a particular subject
like "soldering" would be difficult. Is it possible to help clean the shop
or perform any other labor, and trade hours for a membership and participate
in meetings and classes? WISE internships are traditionally unpaid.

Call me desperate, but I would really like to be involved in the Noise
Bridge community. It seems like a perfect place to develop more knowledge
about the world of DIY and open source. The thing that appeals to me most
about Noise Bridge is that if I were to learn at Noise Bridge, I would be
learning subjects that I would want to learn: Soldering, sewing, programing,
arduino, fabrication, and the latter. Instead of working for some business
or person and doing paper work or only learning about a certain field.

I guess this is my resume:

I own an arduino d*uemilanove and am learning how to program it. I recently
ordered a bluetooth module to communicate with it through serial and without
wifi; off ebay, not sparkfun. I tried to learn how to program a PIC first
but it was too difficult, so I settled for the arduino, haha. *

*
*

*This is apsone portable I made as a *sophomore:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KG8tGOTFFc

*
*

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KG8tGOTFFc>*This is a ps2 portable that I'm
working on: *http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnCmBQL4rR0&feature=related forgive
me on my music choice, might want to turn down the volume.* *

My flickr that I keep my build photos on:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/13124211@N07/

I fix iPhone screens at my school.

My favorite modding sites are Benheck and Hackaday.

My iPhone is jailbroken and unlocked.

My iPod video 5g is running off a 16 gig CF card.

I prefer using windows and occasionally I like to impress my friends with
slax.

Please let me know if you might be interested in having a student intern
working at Noise Bridge.  If you would like more information about the WISE
program or about me, feel free to contact me or my teacher, Mr. Poling (
spoling at acalanes.k12.ca.us).

I'm sorry if this was the wrong place to post this topic, but I was just too
blown away by your multiple communication options.

Sincerely,

Robby Tong