[Noisebridge-discuss] First NB hackathon report

John Magolske listmail at b79.net
Tue Jan 11 07:13:24 UTC 2011

* rachel lyra hospodar <rachelyra at gmail.com> [110110 09:46]:
> future projects:
> shop bench stabilization plan and general shop projects

Last night Mike Kan and I stabilized the two work-benches that support
the Drill Press and the Radial Arm Saw. I screwed 2x4's into the studs
in the wall, attached the rear edge of the bench-tops to these 2x4's,
and shimmed the front legs such that the bench-tops are nice & level.
They are ~1000x more stable now.

In the coming weeks I plan to continue constructing more material
racks so we can keep all the material scraps off the floor and have
a more usable shop space.

John

--
John Magolske