[Noisebridge-discuss] decent and cheaper web hosts

jim jim at well.com
Tue Jan 18 16:37:12 UTC 2011

   i use joker.com and pay something like $10 per year
for a domain name.
   i think it's important to register your domain name
separately from your hosting provider. the issue is to
be able to control your domain name (point it to any
IP address you wish, move it to another registrar...).
   even if a hosting provider seems to have open
policies, there's no guarantee those will remain: a
new management team or a takeover could change policies
pretty quickly.