[Noisebridge-discuss] Bricked Router

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 20:06:11 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 11:30 AM, Robert Fletcher
<lobatifricha at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> So I was trying to install DD-WRT on our router and managed to brick it.
> This wasn't entirely unexpected as it was pretty much a last resort to try
> and get it working before buying a new one, which I did.  But I thought if
> anybody knew how to unbrick it I would love to learn.  From my cursory
> readings online it apparently requires opening it and doing something
> related to the acronym JTAG, but that's where things start to get fuzzy for
> me.  Does anybody have any experience with this and is willing to teach me?
> It's a Linksys WRT54G.

You can use the openmoko dbug/jtag board at Noisebridge for projects
like this.  It's in the electronics lab on the grey shelf.  It lives
at Noisebridge, so bring your linksys router with you.  We probably
need to build the cable to connect the devices, which is conveniently
discussed on a dd-wrt forum (see 2nd link below).

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Debug_Board
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20205

-rma