[Noisebridge-discuss] Step-on buttons

Taylor Alexander tlalexander at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 00:59:30 UTC 2011

I know the people that did DDI basically had to make their own
buttons, and even then I think they wore out (though I'm really not
sure, its been like 2 years since I had a 5 minute convo about those
buttons with someone).

I always figured that you could make them optical - make them spring
loaded, and have them break a beam of light going to a photo
interrupter when they get stepped on - so nothing mechanical gets any
unnecessary stress on it. That should last forever.

But I'm sure someone knows an easier solution.

-Taylor