[Noisebridge-discuss] A simpler circuit for ... [driving multiple LEDs with minimal batteries]

T t at of.net
Wed Jan 19 17:21:48 UTC 2011

IYHO, why focus on linear regulators?  As Jonathan Foote pointed out,
they aren't really more efficient than a simple resistor.  Are they
simpler in any sense?

If you want efficiency (which IMHO is a must when powering with
batteries) don't you need a boost or buck or other switching supply?

Best Regards.