[Noisebridge-discuss] Need help painting a bikeshed

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Thu Jan 20 03:03:15 UTC 2011

Short on time, so this is a bit terse:

1. I'd love to use nburl.net, but I worry that it's not currently considered
a core nb service, so it may go away before noisebridge.net does, which
would make me a very sad panda (hundreds upon hundreds of now-invalid QR
codes to replace...)

2. I don't want to make a bajillion NBURLs for already-stated reasons, so a
simple nburl.net/parts/XYZ redirect to a configurable URL is all I need.  We
might want to add a small parameter language to it, but, that's
overcomplicating something.

3. The books thing is neat, good luck with that. (I really like my ex-libris
embosser, and it looks like one could be had with custom artwork for $100:
http://customembosserpro.com/hand_held_custom_artwork.php )

4. Adding QR codes for all the nburl.net signage would  be awesome.  Google
charts makes this easy:

http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=qr&chs=350x350&chl=http%3A%2F%2Fnburl.net%2Fyomomma

(See what I did there?)
--