[Noisebridge-discuss] NB Logo - Stencilfied : Plasma Cutting at Boxshop

Corey McGuire coreyfro at coreyfro.com
Mon Jan 24 04:44:32 UTC 2011

SUCCESS!  Mostly.  The cut quality was perfect at first, but then slowly
degraded.  The consumables were good enough.  We think the air compressor
couldn't keep up with such a long cut at such a low speed.  The obvious
solution is to insert pauses in to the cut execution or maybe even in the
gcode its self.  Also, at certain points, the machine wasn't tracking
perfectly.  We think it's due to bed wiggle after rapid moves between cuts.
A possible solution is a pause after every rapid move.  Another is to
possibly add another horizontal brace to the bed, but that is easier said
than done.

The CAM software I found was great but it has a bug where it outputs 5 lines
of g-code and stops.  Then the program must be quit, reopened, settings
rechecked, parts reloaded, and the post processing done again.  It's not so
bad once it's recognised.  The copy I have is a development version.  I can
try a different version and see if the problem is gone.

Photos when I get a decent camera.