[Noisebridge-discuss] noisebridge-discuss: mailing list versus forum system

Patrick Keys citizenkeys at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 04:49:20 UTC 2011

Since there's already about 500 people on the list, if we know the
average number of daily posts, then you generally have the total amount
of daily email traffic (email traffic = number of people * number of
posts).  (Yes, there are people that only get the digest, but for the
sake of discussion, lets just keep it simple.)

There are forum systems that allow the option to receive posts via
email.  Otherwise, people can visit the forum when they want and not
read it when they want.  Forums also make it easier to search threads to
see what's been discussed already without rehashing prior disputes and
drama.

So my question is: why doesn't noisebridge consider a forum system
versus a mailinglist system?

Patrick