[Noisebridge-discuss] Wired reporter wants to showcase projects from NB

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 27 22:20:40 UTC 2011

Hi Folks,

Back in 2009, Dylan Twyney, of Wired Magazine, did a really nice story about Noisebridge that was one of the early mainstream media pieces that was way positive on hackerspaces.
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/03/hackerspaces/

He recently contacted me about doing a new piece for Wired Magazine to profile makers doing cool projects.  The projects can be anything.  Here's what he says:
     "What I'm looking for are people who are
      a) doing interesting projects and b) can be articulate about what
      they're doing and why that matters to them. For our readers, the
      projects are the hook -- the more amazing or strange or impressive the
      better. But for me, it's the people I'm interested in -- why they're
      doing this, what they're learning, how "maker culture" is helping
      people connect with one another. If I can learn about and explain the
      latter through the former, my mission will be accomplished."

Dylan said that he'll be coming to Noisebridge and hang out and work from there a bunch.  Starting Monday/Tuesday afternoons and evenings.

I think Dylan is a way cool person.  As well as a good writer.  He asked me:
     "If you can send a note introducing me to the community and asking
      people to contact me if they want to show off their projects to an
      eager and curious Wired writer, that'd be great."
So, that's what I'm doing.

If you would like you and your project to be in the article, please feel free to email Dylan:
      wired at tweney.com
Or introduce yourself when you see him at Noisebridge.

Cheers,
Mitch.