[Noisebridge-discuss] How do I get midi messages from Arduino into a MIDI program, like Traktor?

Michael Shiloh michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 19:02:07 UTC 2011

On 01/29/2011 05:59 PM, Josh Myer wrote:
> The Arduino Uno can act as a MIDI device natively if you reflash the 8u2
> they're using for the USB interface.
>
> http://web.mac.com/kuwatay/morecat_lab./MocoLUFA.html

Same question I just asked Tymm. How does the Uno Midi device appear to
apps like Traktor? How does Traktor know that a new Midi device has been
connected, and most importantly, how does it know how to refer to it?

Perhaps this is all implicit in the USB Midi device protocol, which I
know nothing about.