[Noisebridge-discuss] Second Saturday

Liz Henry liz at bookmaniac.org
Fri Jan 7 00:14:30 UTC 2011

Yeah I'm planning on being around on Thursdays for general
infrastructure work and am happy to help people who have projects planned.

Today I learned what screws you use for different things:
device-to-fixture, 6/32 oval or flat; covers-to-boxes, 8/32 round;
connector to pipes, 10/24. It is interesting to know that the licensed
electricians who once must have wired this space set things up so that
red wires go to lights and appliances, and black wires go to
receptacles.  Remember that now.

Me and Maestro and Jim also stripped and spliced some wires for a
testing setup for the fluorescent lights. We now have a stack of working
lightbulbs which is in the classroom but should be moved back to the
server room for storage.  I'm not sure what to do with the bad
lightbulbs but Maestro was talking about getting them picked up by a
recycling program.

- liz