[Noisebridge-discuss] Need info on upgrading a WiFi antenna for a robot - how does it connect?

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Fri Jan 7 16:27:45 UTC 2011

Joel Jaeggli wrote, On 20101204 050901:
> Coax has one wire in the center. The shield of the coax is on the outside seperated by an insulator and is the second wire.

I'm totally ignoring most of the other replies on this thread, but I
thought it would be smart to throw in that soldering these guys on is an
art and different for each kind of antenna, device, frequency. Length of
the inner wire, length of the shield, how much solder you use, the
direction the coax is coming in at all make a difference in
signal/performance.

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net