[Noisebridge-discuss] SATURDAY PROTEST & Call For Help: A Media Intervention for Wikileaks

maymay bitetheappleback at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 19:56:35 UTC 2011

(If this gets posted twice, please accept my apologies for the duplication.)

Dear Noisebridge,

As you may know, this Saturday, January 15th is a worldwide day of action in support of Wikileaks.[0]

In San Francisco, myself and several other activists including Staff Activist Rainey Reitman from the EFF[1] and Jeff Paterson of the Bradley Manning Support Network[2] will be holding A RALLY AT THE TransAmerica Pyramid,[3] across the street from one of the New York Times' San Francisco offices from 4 PM to 6:30 PM in order to call on them to issue corrections for the various lies about Wikileaks they have been printing endlessly.

In order to protest the NYTime's continued censorship of reality, we are hoping to "publish" several of the released Cablegate cables on the walls of their building by PROJECTING IMAGES OF THE CABLES onto it. We have a projector to do this (albeit a small one) so what we need now is a generator or other portable electricity source.

If you can help by hooking us up with a generator or similar we would be very grateful! Ditto for a stronger projector. :)

Finally, even if you can't offer assistance with these inventory needs, I would like to invite you to join us at the corner of Clay Street and Montgomery Street this Saturday for the protest itself. Especially in light of the recent harassment Jake's been enduring at the US border, I feel like it would only be right for Noisebridge to come out in force. Plus, in order to keep things fun, we'll have printouts of the Cables and some art supplies for arts and crafts. After the rally, we'll digitize people's artwork and publish them at the Cablegate Coloring Book.[4] :)

Hope to see you there.

Cheers,
-maymay

[0] http://wlcentral.org/events-protests