[Noisebridge-discuss] http://forum.nburl.net

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Thu Jan 27 20:13:04 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 12:03:59PM -0800, Albert Sweigart wrote:
> I've set up a forum for Noisebridge to use at http://forum.nburl.net

Thanks for Doing Things!  (even if I, personally, am *very* unlikely to
use it and don't really see the point, it's great that people are
creating things and building community.)

> Andy, could you have forum.noisebridge.net redirect to it?

The easiest thing for me is to set

forum.noisebridge.net 	IN	CNAME forum.nburl.net.

but that requires you to configure the host to handle another vhost.
(I'd recommend configuring it to HTTP 403 over to the canonical name.)

Otherwise, I can do the HTTP redirect, but it'll be a little while
before I can do that; today is busy at work.

Let me know if you can handle the CNAME, I can do that straightaway.

Also, you're aware that getting a SSL cert means that you have to pick
one name or the other, right?  It sucks that vhosts can't have multiple
domain names for a single cert, still.

BTW, the 173.236.225.22 that I'm currently resolving for forum.nburl.net
is not responding to SYN on port 80.

-andy
-andy