[Noisebridge-discuss] policies and procedures (more things you don't want to hear)

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 04:43:51 UTC 2011

I admit that the OP was tl;dr.

The biggest problem with any "rule" at Noisebridge is that it's ultimately
unenforceable.

Remember the time we tried to keep the dirty hippy out and he climbed the
fire escape to get in?
Think of all the sleeping people!

Until we have a 24x7 hall monitor that we trust with real power and
authority, it just makes people who try to make rules look dumb to have the
rules flagrantly disregarded.  There are sometimes trolls amongst us who
will deliberately flagrantly disregard rules for the purpose of making the
rule-maker look stupid.

While generally, it's a good idea to do or not do certain things, and often
it may even be necessary to write those certain things down, we've kinda
stuck with the "be excellent" as a catch-all for hopefully not having to
tell people that being hurtful to the space or others who use it is bad.

Christie
_______
"It is the time you have lost for your rose that makes your rose so
important."
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

"Too long a sacrifice can make a stone of the heart."
William Butler Yeats