[Noisebridge-discuss] Scarf-a-day: A scarf everyday in january!

meredith scheff satiredun at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 08:09:31 UTC 2011

Ok, noisebridge, here's a project being made RIGHT NOW all up in your
workspace:

I’ve been graciously awarded a grant from non other than the Awesome
Foundation <http://awesomefoundation.org/blog/>, which I’m terribly excited
to announce the project: I'm making one scarf a day, everyday, for the whole
month. These will be made of all sorts of materials- some will be
utilitarian, some will be nerdy, some might even be edible. I’ll be blogging
as much as possible at my site,
ladycartoonist.com<http://www.ladycartoonist.com>,
with tutorials and progress shots and all that goodness. You might also want
to follow my twitter (@satiredun) for updates.

I'm also supplementing the grant money with a kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/668017121/scarf-a-day-a-scarf-everyday-in-january

Anyways, with all the drama both here and in the space, I thought you might
like to know that there are still people making stuff in the maker space.

Meredith
--

Ladycartoonist.com

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a
hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build
a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate,
act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein