[Noisebridge-discuss] FUD Free Laser Cutter, talk, Tuesday, Jan 18th

Corey McGuire coreyfro at coreyfro.com
Sun Jan 9 22:14:50 UTC 2011

Listen folks,

FUD.  FUD is the word of the day.  All I here is "I wanna laser engraver"
and "FUD! FUD FUD FUD! FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD!" and then we don't get one.

I want to address all the concerns with what I know, what you know, and I
want to get a dialogue going, but I don't want this tool that everyone wants
to be a big FUD Punching bag.

I am not saying your concerns are invalid, but I am saying that if we bury
all of our wishes in FUD, we won't get anything.

There is a lot of reality involved with getting a Laser Engraver, but the
FUD I am seeing is unrealistic.

Lets get together, over beer, list out the concerns, address them one by
one, talk about the options our list presents us, and then go about getting
it.

Because, until we meet, over beer that I am buying, I am going to ignore all
the concerns and return to my happy bubble filled world.

People, you all have good ideas, but they are being presented in a
sensational way.  I am doing this as well so I am not innocent.  Ultimately,
this is going to lead to people being too afraid to get anything and then
baby Jesus is going to cry.

Did I mention I am not just going to drown my problems in beer, but yours as
well?