[Noisebridge-discuss] Bricked Router

Robert Fletcher lobatifricha at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 19:30:35 UTC 2011

Hey All,

So I was trying to install DD-WRT on our router and managed to brick it.
This wasn't entirely unexpected as it was pretty much a last resort to try
and get it working before buying a new one, which I did.  But I thought if
anybody knew how to unbrick it I would love to learn.  From my cursory
readings online it apparently requires opening it and doing something
related to the acronym JTAG, but that's where things start to get fuzzy for
me.  Does anybody have any experience with this and is willing to teach me?
It's a Linksys WRT54G.

Thanks,
Robert