[Noisebridge-discuss] Need help painting a bikeshed

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Wed Jan 19 08:09:28 UTC 2011

I'm gearing up to relabel all/most/many/some of the drawers in the
electronics area.  I'd like to include QR codes that link to datasheets for
each component, but that isn't necessarily a fixed URL.  The best/easiest
solution is to just link to
http://www.alldatasheet.com/view.jsp?Searchword=${PARTNO}, but, look at that
path... that's gonna change someday.

Any suggestions on how to add a layer of indirection there, without having
to create a new URL for each entry?  I thought about
nburl.net/parts/${PARTNO} (if I could convince Al to special-case me), but
I'm a little nervous about nburl.net not being a proper noisebridge service.
 If we could do a wiki plugin that did the same sort of thing, I'd be
happier.

Also, if anyone wants to help by doing data entry, converting photos of the
extant labels into spreadsheets, that'd be awesome.
--
Josh Myer 415.230.9791 <-- NOTE: New number!
 josh at joshisanerd.com