[Noisebridge-discuss] A simpler circuit for ... [driving multiple LEDs with minimal batteries]

Dr. Jesus j at hug.gs
Wed Jan 19 20:25:32 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 12:02 PM, Taylor Alexander
<tlalexander at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah. Well if you come up with that, let me know. ;)
>
> I can see 9 parts being a pain if you're wiring it by hand, but on a
> PCB, its nothing. So if I stop being lazy, maybe I'll lay something
> out. Or maybe something better will come up!
>
> Does noisebridge have a hot air gun for soldering? That would go a
> long way towards people being less afraid of this kind of stuff.

Yes, there's a rework station and I've seen several hot air tools
floating around.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but many of the applications I'm
talking about are incompatible with PCBs because they're intended to
be worn.  I can easily group the amateur battery-powered designs at
Noisebridge into two categories: janky blinky things and duct-taped
junk in motion.  The target audience for the poster is the former.
They're optimizing for size, cost, ease of assembly, and often
wearability.  The latter group usually has other unusual requirements
that aren't going to be answered by a poster.  In either case,
anything more complex than a single small IC with a few pins is
usually not a good fit for their application.