[Noisebridge-discuss] two-way radios donation

Jake jake at spaz.org
Mon Jan 31 03:15:24 UTC 2011

so in case you haven't noticed, someone dropped off two boxes of handheld
walkie-talkie radios.

I just looked through them and they are mostly one kind, with a box of a
few random others in ones and twos.

The kind that there are many of are
ComNet Ericsson Panther 400P GP400USX
VETOP-L2110-G0
450-530 MHz
12.5 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 kHz channel spacing

there are about 50 of these.  They have an SMA connector on top for the
antenna (we have none) and are programmed by contacting a bunch of metal
dots on the back of the radio (we have one radio with a programming plug
on it that could be used, if we knew the pinout etc etc) also we have one
battery, which is obviously dead but will make a great test-powerup thingy
for testing them.

I will put them back near pole 6 but anyone who is interested in hacking
them feel free to email me.  I figure since there are 50 of them, it could
be worth it to figure out what's what inside, and use them
for...something.

We have a spectrum analyzer, frequency counter and dummyload at the space
(I will bring an SMA cable adaptor) so we could test these things... maybe
they just work as they are and we can make a security squad army or
something.  Maybe i'll use them for mutantfest.

any ideas?

-jake