[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge Salon - social gathering & monthly showing of interesting art and projects from the community

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Mon Jan 31 23:23:53 UTC 2011

Looking for others interested in helping and possibly wanting to
participate as artists...

A monthly Salon where people part of the community have the opportunity
to display interesting art and projects for others to view and interact
with, and a social gathering for the space that doesn't involve a
schedule or agenda. Simply come to display/view (interact with) neat
things and to also meet others doing cool stuff.

This is not an event like Five Minutes of Fame. More of a walk around
and look at other people's work and also having the opportunity to talk
to others, less of a series of talks with a schedule and a focus on one
area of Noisebridge (like the projector).

The sort of project or artwork I'm thinking of that would be good for
this would be the sort of thing you can display on a table top or play
through a computer monitor and small desk speakers. Additionally if
you've got something big (like let's say a giant fire art sculpture
you're working on in an nondescript warehouse in West Oakland) you could
use this opportunity to show pictures of what you have and where you're
going with the project.

Additionally I think Noisebridge could use a monthly social event night
that isn't at the tail end of either 5 Minutes of Fame or a (arguably
aggravating) Tuesday Meeting. I'm thinking the last Saturday of the
month or some such?

Anyone interested?

--
Rubin Abdi