[Noisebridge-discuss] policies and procedures (more things you don't want to hear)

Tymm Twillman tymmothy at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 09:55:36 UTC 2011

Patrick,

Might I suggest simply observing how Noisebridge works for a couple of months before trying to tell the group how they should be doing things?  It's actually really interesting to observe how problems are handled... and they have been around for some time, successfully so, in what is quite an amazing social experiment.  From my personal experience... the first week on this list I was convinced the group couldn't survive without a lot more structure in place; as time has passed I've found that I've got far more to learn from NB about how groups (and people) can operate effectively and compassionately than they have to learn from me about how to run an organization.

I think what is excellent will also become evident with observation.