[Noisebridge-discuss] Is Patrick Keys stealing from the donation jug?

Patrick Keys citizenkeys at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 20:03:33 UTC 2011

Sleeping:
I have never slept here longer than a short nap. Ever. Any time I am
here at night or early in the morning.  You can ask anybody that's here
during that time (Isky, Robert, Benny, etc.).  My usual routine when I
am here late at night has been to drive Benny home in my car so he
doesn't have to walk.

Stealing:
I have no need to steal.  Plus, a lot of food that's brought in here is
food that I pay for myself.  The alleged stealing is gossip that Robert
started two nights ago while he was, ahem, sleeping here overnight at
Noisebridge.  He also put up a curtain over the tea room and slept here
all last night.  He and I were the only two people here two nights ago.
  He awoke in the middle of sleeping in the Turing classroom, ran out of
the room for some bizarre reason, and then claimed to have heard a
noise.  He then blamed was my dog.  The next day, with no rhyme or
reason, without even discussing it with me, he began telling his buddy
Fabian behind my back that he was going to start personal private
investigations into me.

On several occasions, I have - with witnesses watching - taken money
from the glass donation jar in the kitchen and moved it to the locked
jar specifically to prevent theft.  I also update the drink money page
whenever I take money from there.  When tastebridge money has been
spent, I've also provided a receipt for any expenses.

I'm not a gossip, but a few nights ago a $20 bill mysteriously got
stolen from the drink donation box.  I counted the money before I left
at 4am to see how much money we had.  The next day, when it came time to
buy drinks, the $20 was missing.

This is all ridiculously childish.

Andy, it is unexcellent to accuse people of stealing, particularly when
it is not even you doing the accusing.  Instead, it's an "anonymous"
gossip that you're relaying.

Gossip is un-excellent.

Patrick