[Noisebridge-discuss] $500 donation - what would noisebridge do with it?

Corey McGuire coreyfro at coreyfro.com
Tue Jan 4 18:57:35 UTC 2011

Can some of the power consumption needs be adressed by under-clocking the
servers?  If the load on the servers is low enough for a panda board, than
it's low enough for whatever server you are running, but at 75%-66% speed.
If the BIOS allows it (usually by dropping the bus speed from 133mhz to
100mhz or 100mhz to 66mhz) and has voltage tuning options, we can also drop
the voltages to 66% and reduce the draw of the CPU's to 45%...in theory.