[Noisebridge-discuss] driving multiple LEDs with minimal batteries

Corey McGuire coreyfro at coreyfro.com
Tue Jan 4 22:20:34 UTC 2011

Another alternative is a LiFePo4 cell.  These have a nominal voltage of 3.3v
as opposed to LiPO Batteries which have a nominal voltage of 3.7v.  They are
also ultra cheap off of ebay and are far less volatile than LiPO, designed
to be bullet proof for battery powered tools and hybrid cars.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=a123+18650&_sacat=See-All-Categories

These are safe to recharge with an off the shelf wall wart between 3.3v and
3.6v.