[Noisebridge-discuss] global hackerspace cupcake competition

Liz Henry liz at bookmaniac.org
Thu Jan 6 02:18:39 UTC 2011

On 1/5/11 5:42 PM, Lilia Markham wrote:

> I liked the idea of a self-baking cupcake. In fact I have had multiple
> conversations theorizing portable, self-baking cakes and cookies in the
> past. They would be great for camping, picnics...car eaters? (We're gonna be
> so rich!) Sadly, I fear that the only way to generate the necessary heat  is
> to include some form of auto-igniting flammable materials or questionable
> chemicals. The post office just loves when you send that kind of stuff
> through the mail. :-\

I wonder if a cupcake could bake very very slowly using those
handwarmers you can buy in a drugstore? Or for skiing?  They don't get
very hot. But maybe they could be rigged up to break when a box is
opened, and then the cooking device would open up based on a timer.

Or, ship a cupcake positioned inside an EZ-bake oven, maybe just by
being completely encased in foil, with a power source connected to the
EZ Bake Oven, with a switch that is turned on by opening the box.  The
sugary topping could be ... uh that is where I lose it.  Sugary topping.
Hmmm.

- Liz

--
Liz Henry