[Noisebridge-discuss] vending machine lights/poster & snack suggestions

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Sun Jan 16 01:15:09 UTC 2011

The bed is 12"x20", so 28"x68" isn't going to happen on the laser.

We do, however, have that giant plotter next to the electronics area, and
I'd be happy to work with someone's art to see what we can get out of
Muralizer (a robot that drags a pen along the wall/butcher paper taped to
the front of the vending machine).  It's done versions of the logo before,
but it needs some customized art to do a reasonable job.  In particular, it
needs the outline of the design, not just the lines that make up the design.
 (ie: if you've got a big fat line, it needs lines for all four sides, not
just "line of width 3 from blah to blah")
--
/jbm

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 5:02 PM, Taylor Alexander <tlalexander at gmail.com>wrote:

> We could probably use our fancy new laser cutter to make that sign, in a
> month or so. :)
>
> -Taylor
>

> On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 4:37 PM, Patrick Keys <citizenkeys at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Vending machine
>> -----------------
>> is there a way to get the vending machine lights to work? do the bulbs
>> just need to be replaced or what?
>>
>> also, would anybody be interested in printing a noisebridge poster to
>> replace the "cold drinks" poster on the front of the machine? a
>> backlighted noisebridge logo would be very excellent.  the dimensions
>> for the vending machine cover poster are about 28" wide by 68" tall.
>> even just removing the "cold drinks" poster and leaving the see-through
>> plexiglass to see how much drink inventory we have would be excellent.
>>

>> Snacks
>> while on the topic... i'm getting ready to buy more snacks since we've
>> broken even on donations for the $100 of snacks I already bought.  any
>> suggestions for what snacks to buy?  I've already gotten feedback
>> recommending anything-without-high-fructose-corn-syrup, fresh fruit,
>> unsalted cashews, and sunflower seeds.  any other suggestions?
>>

>> Patrick

Josh Myer 415.230.9791 <-- NOTE: New number!
 josh at joshisanerd.com