[Noisebridge-discuss] A simpler circuit for ... [driving multiple LEDs with minimal batteries]

Taylor Alexander tlalexander at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 20:01:06 UTC 2011

Hey Guys,
If you look back at the scarf thread, I volunteered to design some
"proper" LED drivers for whatever you want. I've been interested in
High Brightness LEDs lately and recently made a board that drives 4
CREE XP-G LEDs at 800ma, to produce as much light as a 60W light bulb.
I'm working on a new board based off the CREE XM-L that will be
cheaper. The circuits are actually really simple, but you do have to
use a PCB. Luckily I'm trying to design up some LED driver boards that
I can open source, so I would gladly share the designs with you, and
even do the soldering myself, if some one else pays for the parts
(~$10 a board).

I can also easily design a board and you guys can order it yourself
from BatchPCB. This stuff is easy for me and I'd like to help - I just
need someone to give me some requirements. Like input voltage, # of
LEDs in series, current required, etc.

-Taylor