[Noisebridge-discuss] decent and cheaper web hosts

Sai noisebridge at saizai.com
Sun Jan 16 23:03:43 UTC 2011

FWIW, Dreamhost gives you a shell but not root.

However, it already has apache, php, mysql installed and easy to use, and
mediawiki as a one-click install.

Root's not really required for common things like that. And (no offense,
FrantiĊĦek) root requires I think a higher level of technical expertise to be
able to maintain, 'cause you generally have to do updates, firewalling, etc
yourself or run a higher risk getting 0wned than you would on a non-root
simple share like DH.

- Sai