[Noisebridge-discuss] vending machine fail

Adam Fritzler mid at zigamorph.net
Mon Jan 17 03:04:32 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 4:02 PM, Snail <snailtsunami at gmail.com> wrote:
> permanently reliable, because it's a VENDING MACHINE, so I don't have any
> customer service sucks, especially if you're volunteering). Donators can
> think of it as the nb tip jar by the front door which occasionally returns
> soda ... or use change.

Indeed. My reaction to this (to which I believe Andy was referring)
was not one of malice towards the machine or its keepers, more of just
a general sadness for a world where I couldn't get a soda when I
wanted one (and, perhaps, the thought that the old method of
exchanging donations for soda was a bit more transparent than a
hulking glowing mrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring black box). In fact the only
reason I expected the machine to return a soda with any likelihood was
that I'd made a similar transaction with it a week earlier with rather
satisfying sugary success.

asf.