[Noisebridge-discuss] LED scarf *with* batteries [LED scarf with*out* batteries [driving multiple LEDs with minimal batteries]]

Taylor Alexander tlalexander at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 21:39:25 UTC 2011

Well I asked a while back what requirements the OP had, and I don't
think I ever saw any. So that was just one suggestion. You can bump
1.5v up to 12v or higher but I think efficiency goes down the farther
you go from the source voltage (i may be wrong on that), so lower
voltage in parallel might not be all that bad. Though I agree that
wiring is a pain.

And I guess I didn't realize the subject changed. Really it just
seemed like the OP never really got their answer. Someone else was
concerned the OP has been "scared away", so I just wanted to see if
there was anything else helpful to say on that.

I still maintain that designing the "proper" circuit is pretty simple.
National.com has a great LED array circuit calculator on their
website.
-Taylor