[Noisebridge-discuss] Step-on buttons

Sean Cusack sean.p.cusack at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 20:06:05 UTC 2011

The metal term you are looking for is "creep" :), and no - I haven't got any
of this yet over 2-3 years of moderate use.

I think I used 18ga. galvanized steel. Its tricky to solder - use an acid
core solder and some extra flux if you need it - should make your life much
easier. The weather stripping needs to be along the outside of the sheets
since the middle is where all the bending action happens. You can also sub
in foam board if you want to save even more cash, but then you do need to
cut it into strips which can get annoying. The panels are roughly 12" x 12"
squares.

I put acrylic tops on the panels that shielded a decal so they would look
pretty. It should be easy enough to implement this as an LED diffuser or
something if you want them to light up!

Sean