[Noisebridge-discuss] more member shelves = more happy members = more NB income

Jared Dunne jareddunne at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 21:24:46 UTC 2011

Sure, Patrick could tackle this autonomously and alone, but it seems
that putting this through the Consensus process might help it be more
effective.

- It sounds like Patrick wants membership to be behind any changes he makes.
- It seems like this is a big enough project where Patrick needs help
making it happen, and what better way to find common ground with other
stakeholders than through consensus.
- Since part of Patrick's idea was to make more efficient use of the
shelving already present, it seems like current shelf holders would
appreciate being given an opportunity to downsize/relocate their shelf
space with out having Patrick making those decisions entirely for
them.

A consensus hacking note, I've been meaning to bring up... When people
propose ideas on list or in meetings, there seems to be "this is a
doacracy" meme with which people reply knee-jerk.  If people choose to
seek out consensus before they act in way that might step on toes
(cause drama), I think they should be applauded.  If no one cares
about it enough to block the final proposal or help out, then the
proposal can revert back to the 'do-acracy' mindset.

Jared-